Tax return in Australia

Do you need to file a tax return?

Every year a working holiday holder or a student can get back about $ 2,600 of taxes and $3,380 of Superannuation, if you have decided to go back to your country. Those who live in Australia with a temporary visa, and a non Australian residency, should fill out the individual income tax return and pay taxes in your country. At the end of every fiscal year, it is compulsory to do the Tax Return or Tax Back, in other words regain the deposit taxes in Australia.

The Fiscal year in Australia starts on 1 July and ends on 30 June of the next year, so at the beginning of July it is necessary to obtain the Tax Back, which is a duty of Australian law. Often, it is really hard to sort through bureaucracy to get back taxes for many reasons: talking about taxes can be difficult, there is the risk of making a mistake, or you don’t know how to get the whole refund.

Doing it alone is a good idea, but often there is the risk of losing money or in the worst case scenario, you have to pay more taxes for filling out the tax back in the wrong way. Thanks to a supporting team of accountants, Just Australia can offer this service both in English and Italian.

Working holiday visas and students tax returns

For all working holiday visa and student visa holder that have lived for more than 6 months in Australia and need a tax refund. For every work year in Australia, you can get back about $2,600.

Superannuation refunds

For all working holiday and student visa holders that have lived for more than 6 months in Australia and are going back to their country. For every work year in Australia you can back about $3,380:

  • it is necessary to leave Australia permanently
  • visa must be expired or cancelled before requesting superannuation

Necessary documentation to file a tax return

Before proceeding to file your tax return you should have all the following information:

  • Name and surname
  • Email address
  • Telephone number
  • Australian address
  • Arriving day in Australia
  • Departing day and flight ticket (for those who are leaving Australia)
  • Tax File Number
  • Pay Summary (all the payslips)
  • Last payslips (for those who are leaving Australia)
  • Employer details (name, address, ABN)
  • Receipts and purchases related with work
  • Visa
  • Passport
  • Bank account for the refund

Use this link to get a discounted tax return with Just Australia or simply contact us!

Contact us

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

©Just Australia 2018