All jobs that are related to the construction industry in Australia are well regarded. Besides, the population of Australian cities is going to double in the next few years because of strong migration.
More inhabitants means more houses and more infrastructure. That’s why the welder is a wanted position in Australia: there are more than 80,000 welders in Australia.
For those who already have experience in the sector but don’t have any qualifications or for those who want to work in this industry, there are the Certificate III and IV in Engineering Fabrication. Having a good level of English and a qualification in Australia is a good starting point to find a job in this industry where a professional can earn more than $1,000 per week.
- Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade: $14,600 (62 weeks)
- Certificate IV + Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade: $19,400 (80 weeks)
- Visa duration: 18 months
- Attendance: 20 hs/pw, two days a week of choice from Monday to Saturday
- Terms: theory lessons at the city campus and practice lessons in the laboratory
- Payments: three-monthly
- Enrolment & Material fee: free
- Fees: $100 pw including enrolment and material fees
- Admissions: every month
- Location: Melbourne
- English level: upper intermediate
- Middle and high school diploma
- Pressure welder
- Fitter Welder
- Hourly average: $24
- Annual average: $55,000