Australia, as well as having breathtaking landscapes, lives for music, and it’s in Melbourne and Sydney where you find the most musical expression. The events, concerts and live music industry is expanding and the demand for specialized personnel in the industry is particularly high, so the job of sound engineer also appears in the Combined List of Eligible Skilled Occupations.
Those who love all aspects of music and want to manage not just a concert but also a recording studio can get the skills they need through the Sound Production course. Just Ticketek, one of Australia’s biggest ticket vending companies, sells 23 million entries to 20,000 concerts, games and shows. It is a world that does not know crises and professional positions of this type are increasingly in demand in Australia.
The study path comprises of a Certificate IV and a Diploma. With this package, it’s possible to get sponsored. Of course, already having experience in the field or a qualification obtained previously in Italy is a plus.
Sound Production Course
- Certificate IV in Sound Production: $6,825 (26 weeks)
- Diploma in Business or Music Production: $13,650 (52 weeks)
- Length of visa: up to 16 months
- Frequency: 2 days per week (20 hours pw)
- Modes: Theoretical lessons at the city campus and practical lessons in the laboratories
- Payment: quarterly rates
- Admission: every three months
- Location: Melbourne
- English Level: Upper Intermediate
- High school diploma
Sound Technician – Short-term skilled Occupation List
- Average hourly payment: $30
- Average annual payment: $80,000
The price is subject to change based on entry period, duration of the course, duration of holidays, selected city, school, cost of enrolment and school material.