Dancing is a very popular sport in Australia, in fact 27% of Australians (better to say Australian ladies) practice it because is a passion or a profession or both. This means that it is a growing industry and will be an increasingly demand of dance teacher or instructors. Moreover, this profession appears in the CSOL list as a Dance Teacher, so you can be sponsored providing all the requirements: a good english level, 3 years of experience in the industry recognized in Australia or a diploma in Dance Teaching. Those who want to specialize in this sector can achieve the Assistant Dance Teaching path.
The dance teacher courses are available in Melbourne and Sydney with the possibility to move from one campus to another and it wants to prepare teachers that can hold dance classes, choreograph, promote dance culture, as well as the well-being physical, emotional and creativity. It is a complete professional figure, that can work in all the different Australian contexts, including gyms, dance schools, academies and theaters.
Dance Teacher Courses
- Certificate III in Assistant Dance Teaching: $6,760 (52weeks)
- Certificate IV in Assistant Dance Teaching: $ 6,760 (52 weeks)
- Visa duration: 16 months
- Attendance: 2 days per week
- Terms: theory and practice lessons in the city campus
- Payments: three-monthly
- Admissions: every 3 months
- English level: upper intermediate
- Middle or High school diploma
- Dance Teacher
- Hourly average: $25
- Annual average: $50,000